For this Assignment, you will identify a problem that affects populations that social workers serve. Some examples of social problems include poverty, child welfare/abuse, and homelessness.
(The populations is the homelessness)
Assignment (2-4 double-spaced pages in APA format): In addition to a minimum of six scholarly references, which may include electronic government documents and reputable websites, your paper should include:
- A description of the social problem you selected and any known causes or explanations for the problem
- A description of the problemâ€™s prevalence in society
- A description of the specific population impacted by this social problem, if any. If the social problem you selected does affect a specific population, include an explanation of why that might be the case.
- An explanation of the theories that support the problem and approaches scholars and policy analysts use to address the problem
Popple, P. R., & Leighninger, L. (2015). The policy-based profession: An introduction to social welfare policy analysis for social workers. (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
- Chapter 3, Social Welfare Policy Analysisâ (pp. 35-55)
- Chapter 3, Social Welfare Policy Analysis (pp. 35-55)